Welcome to a wonderfully, satisfying blog especially brewed for women who want to fulfill their dreams to be small business owners, while still enjoying the good life.  

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Let's Meet For Coffee



Welcome to Lattes and Laptops, a business and lifestyle blog dedicated to entrepreneur-minded women who balance family, life and career with style. 

Hi, my name is Zakiyyah.  I am a wife, mother, cook, chauffeur, homework checker, and a freelance copywriter.  I know many of you can relate with my first few roles, but in case you’re not familiar with the latter - let me explain. 

Through my company eWriting Café, I specialize in creating sales-driven content for small businesses to use in their marketing collateral.  For over seven years, I’ve helped satisfied clients promote their businesses with compelling copy that sells. 

In my repertoire, I write a variety of copy for both print and online media including newsletters, email blasts, feature articles, web content, brochures, ads, press releases, catalog copy, SEO content and other business blogs like this one.

Being a mompreneur means that I wear many hats.  And, occasionally I get sucked into a whirlwind of deadlines, playdates, appointments, laundry, and afterschool activities – whew.  Sounds familiar?

So, needless to say, I relish the time when I can relax and talk with friends about OUR pursuit of happiness - both personally AND professionally. 

As for me, it doesn’t take much to make me happy.  Long, hot baths infused with lavender sea salts.  A good book (soduko puzzles, included). Sunny, warm days accented with velvety clouds.  Pipin’ hot cups of sweet caramel macchiatos.  And, a fulfilling career doing what I love best – writing.

I started this blog with the hope that you, too, are inspired to transform what you thought was just a cute idea - into a viable (and, one day profitable) career.

Think of this blog as a digital café where practical advice, tips and information about business, marketing, and life as an entrepreneur are shared amongst friends like a crusty loaf of artisan bread.  You can even eavesdrop in on insightful conversations I have with dynamic female business owners who know what it takes to be THE BOSS.  

Remember President Obama’s winning campaign slogan, “Yes, We Can!”?

Well, take that affirmation to heart.  Yes, you CAN be both the CEO of your household and your own small business!  

Visit me again at Lattes and Laptops for a dose of inspiration and practical tips you need to get your weekend, part-time or full-time small business up and running.

You have the talent, so put it to use and stop thinking about it…“Just Do It”! (credit to Nike’s trademark, of course) BTW, also have your favorite drink at hand.

All the best,
Zakiyyah

5 comments:

  1. This so terrific! I am looking forward to future topics and turning my own idea into a real enterprise! Thank you for providing this great vehicle!

    TSB424

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Hopefully my blog will inspire you to pursue your professional goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! So inspiring! Looking forward to all the wonderful avenues this vehicle will travel!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I am very excited to share inspirational tidbits with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and quite informative post. I really look forward to your other posts.
    Dell - 14Inspiron Notebook 6 GB Memory - 640 GB Hard Drive

    ReplyDelete